Heres how you can participate in National Coming Out Day.
We all have social media profiles and social media grows lots every year. In the beginning there was Facebook, and then Twitter, and now Pinterest, Socialcam, Instagram, youtube; even Myspace is making a comeback. There are so many ways to express ourselves today.
#CountMeOut is about visibility just as National Coming out day and this year we want everyone to get involved.
This year we’ve been lucky enough to partner with some great companies to bring you the easiest and best #CountMeOut yet! Pixlr, our good old friend has made us a special #CountMeOut edition page where you can quickly and easily create, modify, and save your #CountMeOut photos.
- Just go to click on the “CREATE” link at the top of the page and you’ll be able to take, upload, or import your photos faster than ever.
- Once you’ve selected a picture click the “Countmeout” button that pops up at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Effects” and select your settings to taste. Add the word that best discribes you, and how you feel. Usually OUT is used for LGBT persons or ALLY for straight persons who support the LGBT Community.
This year we even have bonus Stickers and overlays if you feel like getting fancy.
- When you’re done select “Save”, name the image and it will be saved to your computer, where you can put it everywhere on the internet.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY post the picture to your profile pages accross the internet. On facebook or twitter or wherever you share things online.
- Tell your friends to do the same! The more people we get to get counted the better the world will be.